What is the Community Paramedic Program?
The goal of Tri-County Health Care's Community Paramedic Program is simple. It is to help patients become more independent and confident in their own health care by providing personal home visits, coordination of care and support to those who need it.
A crucial piece of patient care coordination, the Community Paramedic program is carried out by Tri-County's professional EMS staff and has become a model for care delivery in a rural setting nationwide.
Opportunities for patients include:
- Medication reconciliation
- Health care equipment modification
- Hospital discharge follow-up
- Administration of lab tests
- Elderly or chronic patient visits
- General health and wellness assessments
In taking a proactive approach to your health care, Tri-County is doing all it can to help patients avoid unnecessary and costly hospital and clinic visits, while providing the very best care possible.