Foot Care Clinic
Feet take us everywhere we want to go. At TCHC, we’re committed to keeping your feet groomed and in good health so that you can walk with confidence.
Treat your feet
At Tri-County Health Care’s new foot care clinics, specially trained licensed professionals will monitor the health of your feet while keeping them neat and clean. If an issue is found, they will refer you to your provider.
At each foot care clinic, you receive:
- Toenail trimming and filing
- Foot inspection
- Foot soak, cleaning and moisturizing massage
- Callus treatment
Foot Care Kit
When you attend your first clinic, you will receive a free foot care kit that contains all the tools needed to take care of your feet. Because we value cleanliness and sanitation, this kit will be used by you and only you!
Your foot care kit contains:
- A basin
- Pumice stone
- Emery board (nail file)
*You must bring this kit with you to each TCHC foot care clinic you attend. A fee will be charged for additional kits you may require.
Daily Foot Care
Routine foot exams, daily self-inspection and wearing protective footwear are the keys to keeping your feet healthy.
The most important thing you can do to protect your feet is daily self-inspection. Finding problems early can prevent damage and deformity to your feet. Contact your provider immediately if you see a problem on your foot, no matter how small it may seem.
When to inspect:
What to look for:
Check between all of your toes. These areas are not generally visible and are often overlooked. If you cannot see the bottom of your foot, use a mirror or ask for help from family members or friends.
Cleaning Your Feet
- Check the water temperature with your hand or elbow to make sure it is a safe temperature.
- Wash your feet with warm, soapy water.
- Avoid soaking your feet for prolonged periods of
- time, which can dry the skin.
- While you are washing, do a thorough inspection of your feet.
- Rinse with warm, clean water.
- Dry your feet carefully, especially between your toes.
- Apply fragrance-free and alcohol-free moisturizing lotion immediately after cleaning your feet. DO NOT put lotion between your toes
Call your clinic directly or stop in person to schedule an appointment.
Wadena – 218-631-3510
Every second Wednesday of the month
Henning – 218-583-2953
Every third Wednesday of the month
Verndale – 218-445-5990
Every second Tuesday in January, March, May, July, September and November
Ottertail – 218-367-6262
Two half days every month
Bertha – 218-924-2250
Every third Wednesday in February, April, June, August, October and December
Sebeka – 218-837-5333
Every second Thursday in February, April, June, August, October and December