About the Foundation
The Astera Health Foundation is a private charity established in 1994 by the hospital to attract and administer charitable funds for the benefit of the communities and surrounding areas served by AH. Tax deductible gifts support education, technology, patient care, and equipment. Your financial donation has a direct and lasting impact on your family, friends, and neighbors. Discover the many forms of giving that can help support Astera’s programs and services.
The Astera Health Foundation inspires charitable giving to improve the health of the communities we serve. It accomplishes this by:
- Encouraging estate plan commitments, fundraising efforts, and philanthropic support.
- Promoting education through voluntary grants and scholarships to institutions and individuals within the community served by Astera Health.
- Supporting such other activities within the philosophy and mission of Astera Health.
How does it work?
The Foundation Board operates under the direction of a Board of Directors. Board responsibilities include:
- Monitor management of fund assets through the Minnesota Foundation
- Seek contributions for the ongoing work of the Foundation
- Serve the community by working with donors
- Distribute available funds through projects and programs in keeping with the mission
The mission statement supports funding activities which promote health, healthcare, and education through grants and scholarships to individuals as well as institutions. The Foundation Board of Directors sees the entire service area benefiting either directly or indirectly through a strengthened health care delivery.
How does the Astera Health Foundation benefit donors?
- Community Commitment. It provides a vehicle where the donor can make a permanent gift to the community.
- Security. The Astera Health Foundation operates with the support of the Minnesota Foundation. All funds received by the hospital foundation are invested and managed by the Minnesota Foundation.
- Everlasting. Funds invested ensure that the proceeds continue to benefit the community beyond the donor’s lifetime.
- Tax Benefits. Donations are deductible to the extent allowed by the Internal Revenue code. (The fund is a private 501(c)(3) charity).