There are constantly new and exciting things happening at Tri-County Health Care. We provide information and updates to the media and general public through news releases and articles in “Healthy Times,” our external newsletter and newspapers. Please check this section frequently for our latest news.
Recent Measles in Minnesota Information
- May 4, 2017: Minnesota Department of Health - Watch for symptoms notification
- October 11, 2017: Overhauled women's health event a hit with attendees
- October 3, 2017: Two providers join Verndale Clinic
- September 29, 2017: Tri-County Health Care CEO descends for diabetes
- September 28, 2017: Brett Brockpahler receives Jim Lawson Memorial Scholarship
- September 26, 2017: Goodbye, Women's Day Out. Hello, Live Pink!
- September 11, 2017: Tri Aquatics Moms Course strengthens, stabilizes and soothes
- September 7, 2017: TCHC Foundation donates AED funds to police department
- August 31, 2017: Tri-County Health Care dedicates new ambulance
- August 23, 2017: Henning Clinic ranked one of top 15 performers in state
- August 15, 2017: Golf Classic raises $13,000 for Tri-County Health Care Foundation
- August 4, 2017: Urologists join Tri-County Health Care specialty services
- July 19, 2017: Sixth annual TCHC Block Party draws 1,200 people
- July 14, 2017: OB/GYN Beth Helgerson joins Tri-County Health Care
- June 29, 2017: Tri-County Health Care hosts sixth annual Block Party
- June 28, 2017: Tri-County Health Care earns ACR accreditation
- June 27, 2017: TCHC Foundation awards scholarships to area students
- June 27, 2017: TCHC Foundation awards Marquardt-Prindle Scholarship
- June 27, 2017: Shelby Pulju receives TCHC Foundation nursing scholarship
- June 19, 2017: Successful Sunnybrook Stomp perseveres during downpour
- June 1, 2017: Sunnybrook Stomp
- May 26, 2017: Tri-County Health Care Auxiliary elects new leaders
- May 16, 2017: Descending for diabetes
- May 11, 2017: Tri Aquatics Moms Course
Recent Healthy Times Issue
Need a medical story resource for a story?
Journalists should always work with our team first to coordinate interviews and we are happy to arrange interviews with our medical professionals where possible. Please call us if you would like to set up an interview. Thank you.
Patient Condition Update
Our first priority is always the safety and privacy of our patients and their families. With that in mind, we strictly enforce HIPAA laws that limit the amount of patient information we may release without written consent from a patient or patient representative. We cannot elaborate on a patient's injuries, illness or prognosis without specific written consent by the patient or the patient's family. This would be done only under limited circumstances. When asking for a patient's condition update, you must first provide the media representative with the patient's full name and date of birth.
We use standard language acceptable under HIPAA laws and American Hospital Association guidelines to describe patient conditions. They are:
- Undetermined - Patient is awaiting physician and/or assessment.
- Good - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious - Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
- Treated and Released – This could mean the patient was sent home or to another facility.
- Confirming patient deaths – We will report or confirm a patient's death only after signed consent from next of kin.