There are constantly new and exciting things happening at Tri-County Health Care. We provide information and updates to the media and general public through news releases and articles in “Healthy Times,” our external newsletter and newspapers. Please check this section frequently for our latest news.
Recent Measles in Minnesota Information
- May 4, 2017: Minnesota Department of Health - Watch for symptoms notification
- September 14, 2018: Tri-County Health Care to host flu clinics
- September 14, 2018: Family nurse practitioner joins TCHC's Sebeka team
- September 13, 2018: TCHC Foundation introduces first All Heart Gala
- September 6, 2018: Full orthopedic program, total joint replacements come to Tri-County Health Care
- September 5, 2018: Emergency medicine physician joins Tri-County Health Care
- August 30, 2018: OB/GYN joins Tri-County Health Care team
- August 27, 2018: Golf Classic achieves record year, raises $21,000 for TCHC Foundation
- July 20, 2018: Tri Aquatics Moms Course to be held Aug. 7
- July 19, 2018: Swisse, Crider awarded Marquardt-Prindle scholarships
- July 18, 2018: Seventh annual Block Party features community duck drop
- July 11, 2018: Tri-County Health Care introduces lung cancer screenings
- June 27, 2018: Tri-County Health Care hosts seventh annual Block Party
- June 25, 2018: Sunnybrook Stomp attracts more than 60 participants
- June 20, 2018: Stacy White receives the TCHC Foundation nursing scholarship
- June 19, 2018: TCHC Foundation awards scholarships to area students
- June 4, 2018: Tri-County Health Care Foundation to host Duck Drop
- June 1, 2018: Wadena farmers market moves to new location
- May 31, 2018: Tri-County hosts 37th annual Sunnybrook Stomp
- May 30, 2018: Car seat clinic to be held at the Ottertail clinic
- May 24, 2018: Tri-County Health Care partners with Essentia podiatrist
- May 21, 2018: Trails4Transplants kicks off trail ride at Garden of Hope
- May 16, 2018: Tri-County Health Care recognized for antibiotic stewardship
- May 16, 2018: Soprano singer, medical student to perform concert
- May 2, 2018: Free health assessments, lab work offered to area residents
- April 17, 2018: TCHC introduces foot care clinics
- April 17, 2018: Men's Night Out draws more than 400 attendees
- April 16, 2018: TCHC physician student performs at Carnegie Hall
- April 11, 2018: Sue Nathe named Distinguished Member of MHIMA
- April 9, 2018: Sebeka Fire and Rescue receives TCHC Foundation grant
- April 6, 2018: TCHC paramedic presented Star of Life award
- April 4, 2018: Garden of Hope dedicated at TCHC
- March 22, 2018: Two advanced practice providers join TCHC rural clinics
- March 20, 2018: EMS program draws more than 120 personnel
- March 15, 2018: TCHC Foundation offers high school scholarships
- March 13, 2018: Physician assistant joins TCHC ReadyCare team
- March 9, 2018: Tri-County, Lakewood staff take the plunge for Special Olympics Minnesota
- February 27, 2018: Justin Morneau is Men's Night Out keynote speaker
- February 22, 2018: New provider joins TCHC Wadena Clinic behavioral health
- February 9, 2018: TCHC chooses name for prenatal/OB program
- February 8, 2018: Volunteer opportunity in health care available to area teens
- February 6, 2018: More than 500 people attend February Festival of Health
- February 2, 2018: Tri-County Health Care earns ACR ultrasound accreditation
- January 24, 2018: TCHC awarded grant for opioid management program
- January 17, 2018: TCHC's February Festival of Health slated for Feb. 3
- January 16, 2018: Tri-County Health Care awarded hospital accreditation from The Joint Commission
- January 12, 2018: Faren Elizabeth is first baby of the year at TCHC
- January 9, 2018: TCHC recognized nationally for promoting organ donation
- December 29, 2017: TCHC restricts visitors due to influenza activity
- December 27, 2017: TCHC hires new vice president of patient care services
- December 22, 2017: TCHC Foundation awards six scholarships
- December 6, 2017: TCHC introduces prenatal yoga for expectant mothers
- November 30, 2017: TCHC seeks new name for prenatal/OB program
- November 30, 2017: New physician joins TCHC Ottertail Clinic
- November 28, 2017: Physician added to TCHC emergency department
- November 10, 2017: Tri-County EMS offers free Stop the Bleed kits to public
- November 3, 2017: New physician assistant joins TCHC Henning Clinic
- October 18, 2017: Tri-County Health Care introduces new midwife program
- October 11, 2017: Overhauled women's health event a hit with attendees
- October 3, 2017: Two providers join Verndale Clinic
- September 29, 2017: Tri-County Health Care CEO descends for diabetes
- September 28, 2017: Brett Brockpahler receives Jim Lawson Memorial Scholarship
- September 26, 2017: Goodbye, Women's Day Out. Hello, Live Pink!
- September 11, 2017: Tri Aquatics Moms Course strengthens, stabilizes and soothes
- September 7, 2017: TCHC Foundation donates AED funds to police department
- August 31, 2017: Tri-County Health Care dedicates new ambulance
- August 23, 2017: Henning Clinic ranked one of top 15 performers in state
- August 15, 2017: Golf Classic raises $13,000 for Tri-County Health Care Foundation
- August 4, 2017: Urologists join Tri-County Health Care specialty services
- July 19, 2017: Sixth annual TCHC Block Party draws 1,200 people
- July 14, 2017: OB/GYN Beth Helgerson joins Tri-County Health Care
- June 29, 2017: Tri-County Health Care hosts sixth annual Block Party
- June 28, 2017: Tri-County Health Care earns ACR accreditation
- June 27, 2017: TCHC Foundation awards scholarships to area students
- June 27, 2017: TCHC Foundation awards Marquardt-Prindle Scholarship
- June 27, 2017: Shelby Pulju receives TCHC Foundation nursing scholarship
- June 19, 2017: Successful Sunnybrook Stomp perseveres during downpour
- June 1, 2017: Sunnybrook Stomp
- May 26, 2017: Tri-County Health Care Auxiliary elects new leaders
- May 16, 2017: Descending for diabetes
- May 11, 2017: Tri Aquatics Moms Course
Recent Healthy Times Issue
Need a medical story resource for a story?
Journalists should always work with our team first to coordinate interviews and we are happy to arrange interviews with our medical professionals where possible. Please call us if you would like to set up an interview. Thank you.
Patient Condition Update
Our first priority is always the safety and privacy of our patients and their families. With that in mind, we strictly enforce HIPAA laws that limit the amount of patient information we may release without written consent from a patient or patient representative. We cannot elaborate on a patient's injuries, illness or prognosis without specific written consent by the patient or the patient's family. This would be done only under limited circumstances. When asking for a patient's condition update, you must first provide the media representative with the patient's full name and date of birth.
We use standard language acceptable under HIPAA laws and American Hospital Association guidelines to describe patient conditions. They are:
- Undetermined - Patient is awaiting physician and/or assessment.
- Good - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious - Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
- Treated and Released – This could mean the patient was sent home or to another facility.
- Confirming patient deaths – We will report or confirm a patient's death only after signed consent from next of kin.