What is MyChart?
MyChart is a secure and free online tool that connects patients electronically to portions of their medical record. Access to health information in MyChart is secured by a personalized ID and password, known only to the user.
MyChart access is granted only to users who have registered with their clinic or hospital.
To access MyChart, you will need an internet connection and access to a computer, tablet or smartphone.
How do I sign up?
The easiest way to sign up for MyChart is to ask your provider or a staff member at the clinic, hospital or emergency department. They will take care of everything and ensure your account is ready for you to use.
You may also go to TCHC.org/mychart and click the blue “Sign Up Now” button and fill out a detailed form.
Once you have registered on MyChart, you will have access to the following information:
Stay in touch with your provider
Communicating with your provider and clinic staff is as simple as sending an email, and it’s even more secure, meaning your information stays private and documented in your medical record for future reference if needed. Through the Messaging center, you can:
- Request renewals of your medications online
- Schedule, request or cancel appointments
- Ask non-urgent medical questions
You can opt to receive email or text notification for new messages in your MyChart account so that you know when someone responds.
Access your loved one’s records
By linking to your loved one’s account, you’ll have convenient access to their appointments, test results, immunization records, growth charts and more.
Access to your children’s account is determined by their age:
- Age 0-11, parent/guardian will be granted full access.
- Age 12-17 can register for their own MyChart access, and parents will be granted partial access.
- After a child reaches age 18, parents need to request access.
You can request access to a family member's record or give another adult access to your own record by completing a form in MyChart.
One you submit the form, access will be granted within 3-4 business days or you will be contacted for additional information.
You can check in online for your office visits with your provider. This allows you to update your demographics, medications, allergies, health issues, preferred pharmacy, confirm correct guarantor information and complete any outstanding questionnaires related to your special medical experiences.
However, you will still need to check in at the front desk when you arrive for your visit.
You can also perform other actions related to your visits:
- View and download visit summaries from previous visits
- Review health education topics and discharge instructions from your provider
- Make a payment
- Sign up for electronic statements
- Communicate with your provider or nurse
- View medications and request refills
- View test results as soon as they become available
- Review your immunizations, allergies and medical history
- Track conditions such as diabetes, asthma, COPD and congestive heart failure
- View a requested copy of your medical record
- Record daily health readings such as weight, glucose or blood pressure
Track my health
With key parts of your medical information directly at your fingertips, you can keep track of your medical conditions and more to assist with your health and wellbeing:
Download the smartphone app
When you access MyChart on a smartphone, you get true mobility, instant access and optimized convenience. Simply search “MyChart” in your mobile app store.
If you have questions about your health issues, results, medications, immunizations or other general medical questions, contact your health care provider.
For other questions, you can email mychart@TCHC.org (please include your name and date of birth) or call 218-631-5220.
Click here to sign up for MyChart today!