Physician & Advanced Practitioner Opportunities
Achieve work-life balance and pursue your passion!
Tri-County Health Care of Wadena, Minnesota, offers the technology and sophistication of today's large metropolitan systems but is perfectly situated within the beautiful and serene Minnesota countryside.
Click these links to see a glimpse of the entertaining recreation and wholesome living you can enjoy all year round in Minnesota:
Summer (YouTube: Greatest Place on Earth?)
Winter (YouTube: Winter Magic in Otter Tail Co., MN)
Spring (YouTube: Find Your Inner Otter - Spring)
Minnesota Ranks Top 5 States for Physicians
According to a 2018 analysis, Minnesota was ranked as one of the top 5 states for physicians to work. This ranking was based on 16 weighted metrics for all 50 states and the District of Columbia. These metrics included physicians’ average annual wage, physicians’ average monthly starting salary, hospitals per capita, insured population rate, annual malpractice liability insurance rates, presence of interstate medical licensure compact law, projected share of elderly population, punitiveness of state medical board, and quality of public hospital system.
Here's a bonus: Not only is Minnesota in the top 5 for physicians but it also ranks as the No. 2 state for jobs in the U.S.! (external article).
Minnesota is known as The Land of 10,000 Lakes (actually, closer to 11,000). Come live, work and play here!
Otter Tail Lakes Country visits with Jessica Grimes, M.D., to get her thoughts on living in the city of Ottertail and working at Tri-County Health Care.
Video courtesy: Otter Tail Lakes Country
Obtain the work-life balance you desire while pursuing your passion of rural medicine in an independent, financially-secure environment. Here's what our providers have to say.
To set up a site visit, or for more information, please contact:
Tri-County believes in taking care of and giving back to its employees. We offer a great benefits package, including:
- Fantastic Earning Potential: Tri-County offers a highly competitive salary with a sign-on bonus.
- Independent System: Tri-County offers the rare opportunity to work at an independent health care system that has earned numerous honors and awards. Here, you'll experience greater freedom and have a greater voice in your work.
- Full Family Spectrum: Diversify your skills and pursue your passions in a full-spectrum family practice environment including the ability to achieve full C-section privileges.
- Provider-Patient Focus: Give your patients the time and attention they deserve. Our primary goal is to deliver the very best care and patient experience possible.
- Relocation Assistance: We want your transition here to be as worry and hassle-free as possible. Let us help you with the arrangements so you can focus on you.
- Real Estate Assistance: We all want a place to call home. Tri-County will help you find and get into the perfect home for your needs. Whether looking to build or move into an existing home, we can help.
Whether you're looking for excellent schools, friendly neighbors or an abundance of recreational and leisure activities, you'll find it in Wadena, MN. Aptly nicknamed the "Gateway to the North," Wadena is uniquely situated in Central Minnesota and serves as the starting point for endless outdoor adventures including golf, biking, water sports, hunting, fishing. By making the decision to live in Wadena, residents will find:
- The Best of Both Worlds: The beauty and serenity of our area is amazing, but when the hustle and bustle of the city is what you seek, we are located only a short distance from four large metropolitan areas.
- A Wonderful Community: With a brand-new school, a state-of-the-art health and wellness facility, and one of the coziest hometown theaters around, Wadena, MN, is a community that will impress and make you feel right at home.
Modern Health Care
Eliminating patient barriers to care is a challenge faced by rural health care systems today. Answering this challenge head on, Tri-County Health Care offers a complete range of leading-edge technology and care services for patients, keeping them close to home. These modern technologies include:
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- In-House MRI Suite
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scans
- 3-D Mammography
- Minimally Invasive Breast Biopsies
- eICU Care
You've worked hard. We'd like to help. Tri-County offers loan forgiveness. Additionally, all TCHC clinics are National Health Service Corps (NHSC) approved sites.
- There are multiple loan forgiveness options in the NHSC loan repayment:
- Students to Serve – $120,000 in final year of school in return for a three-year commitment.
- Loan repayment – $50,000 to repay loans in exchange for two-year commitment.
Physician Referral Bonus Program
If any member of the community makes a referral to Tri-County for a physician that is eventually hired and begins work at one of our facilities, that individual will receive a $5,000* award. If you have a family member, or know a of physician who may be interested in relocating to the TCHC region, please email us at referrals@TCHC.org to share your referral, or call us at 218-631-7462.
- TCHC Board, Administrative Council, and Recruitment Committee members and their immediate relatives (defined as spouse, child, parents, and siblings) shall be ineligible for this referral program.
- Provider must be a medical doctor (M.D.).
- In the event that the successful candidate is referred by more than one individual, the time and date of the earliest referral will govern.
- Award will be delivered in two payments: one-half of award paid at start date and one-half of award paid after 90 days of successful continued employment.