Hearing Services in Wadena, MN
To hear clearly is a gift. Tri-County Health Care offers audiology services to support the hearing health of patients throughout our service area. Audiology is the science of hearing, balance and other related conditions.
Our Audiology Services
We strive to protect and restore your hearing. Through a relationship with Sarah Nelson, Au.D., a registered audiologist, Tri-County Health Care provides the diagnosis and non-medical treatment of a variety of hearing and balance disorders. Audiology services include:
The audiologist will perform sensitive, accurate hearing tests to gauge how well you can hear. Screening your hearing is not painful and may involve the following tests:
- Audiometric: Testing if you can hear low-frequency and high-frequency sounds and speech
- Tympanometry: Checks your middle ear, eardrum and conduction bones with variations of air pressure
- Acoustically evoked otoacoustic emission: Examines the functionality of the outer hair cells in your inner ear
We’ll discern whether or not you are experiencing hearing loss. Depending on your results, we’ll determine the best treatment options to resolve, enhance and protect your hearing.
Dizziness or Vertigo
Your balance is important and affects how you drive, walk and move. Whether you’re suffering from dizziness from Ménière’s disease, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, or some other issue, the audiologist will pinpoint the cause and offer treatment that gets to the root of the problem.
If you hear a ringing in your ears that’s not caused by any external noise, you might have tinnitus. Depending on the severity of your tinnitus, treatments for this common condition include:
- Ear wax removal
- Middle ear fluid treatment
- Specialized hearing aids
- Arthritis joint treatment
Whatever may be causing your tinnitus, we provide effective solutions.
Hearing Device Services
If you need a hearing aid to treat hearing loss in one or both ears, Tri-County Health Care offers options for the best hearing devices. In order to help you get the most out of your hearing aids, we offer:
- Precise hearing aid fitting: The audiologist will precisely place your hearing aid into your ear and test them in our clinic to ensure a precise, comfortable fit. We’ll show you how to put in your hearing aid and perform basic maintenance like cleaning.
- Hearing aid adjustment: To further ensure your comfort and the functionality of your device, we’ll perform any needed adjustments. If you’re experiencing any feedback or fit adjustment, we can take care of that for you as well.
- Hearing aid maintenance and cleaning: Regular cleaning, fine-tuning and adjustments ensure you’re hearing aids are in tip-top shape.
We’ll also provide ongoing care to ensure your hearing is as clear as possible.
Custom Protective Ear Molds and Earplugs
Enjoy the sounds and activities you love the most with custom-made protective ear molds and earplugs. If you work in a frequently loud environment, protecting your hearing is vital. We make precisely fitting molds and earplugs for swimmers, musicians, construction workers and more.
Ear Wax Care and Maintenance
Ear wax is important to protect your ear from damage and infections, but if you’re suffering from wax impaction or overproduction, we’ll carefully remove wax with specialized tools. We’ll protect your eardrums and ensure wax is not hindering your ability to hear.
Hearing Conservation and Management
Regular appointments are vital to preserving and maintaining your hearing. The audiologist prioritizes your well-being and fosters a long-lasting relationship to help you achieve results. The audiologist will regularly check in with you, continue any needed treatment and help you manage your hearing for long-term success.
Our clinic provides treatment for a variety of conditions, with ongoing audiology support for:
- Conductive or sensorineural hearing loss
- Swimmer’s ear
- And more
For personalized, professional care, schedule an appointment today.
Let us Take Care of You
Here at Tri-County Health Care, every staff member works hard to be your partner in fostering good health. The audiology specialists pay attention to what you’re experiencing as a person and treat you as an individual – not another paper chart or a statistic. Contact us today for exceptional audiology services in Wadena, MN.