What is Care Coordination?
Care Coordination is a program offered at Astera Heath for patients with complex conditions or who have been diagnosed with multiple health ailments. Patients are referred by their physician and assigned a Care Coordination nurse who helps to achieve their healthcare goals. A proactive approach to care, Care Coordination works to help patients achieve better outcomes and prevent unnecessary visits.
Astera Health Coordinators assist patients with:
- Choosing a specialist
- Goal creation, accountability, and motivation
- Health maintenance reminders
- Making sure your provider has complete information when you see them
- Navigating the healthcare system
- Scheduling appointments
- Tracking referrals and results
- Understanding recommendations and follow-up plans
- Understanding your condition and answering questions
Care Coordination provides 24/7 access to your healthcare team with a patient and family-centered approach. Ask your physician if Care Coordination is right for you.
Health Care Home Certified
Astera Health is a certified Health Care Home provider.
What is Health Care Home? Health Care Home is a way of delivering care. It is not a building, house, hospital, or nursing staff. Rather, it is a team approach to care that gives you access to the services and support you need. That team includes you, your primary care provider, other providers and staff at the clinic, community agencies, and a trusted family member or friend. Through constant communication, teamwork, and coordination, the aim is to provide patients with the best care possible, while improving outcomes.
Because each patient is unique, Health Care Home at Astera offers the following commitment to our patients in order to make their experience as simple and anxiety-free as possible:
- Assignment of a dedicated Care Coordinator if needed
- Commitment of quality care
- Creation of individualized goals
- Delivery of personalized care
Although anyone can benefit from Health Care Home, this service is especially important for individuals with chronic diseases and other special needs.
Ask your provider about Health Care Home services from Astera.