Featuring full-time, dedicated surgeons who live and work in the area, Tri-County is dedicated to both excellence and safety in the operating room. Read on to find out more about general surgery at TCHC, or click to learn about our expanded minimally invasive surgery capabilities.
Receive surgical expertise
A variety of surgeries are performed daily including general, laparoscopic minimally invasive, vein, obstetric, gynecological, orthopedic, podiatry, ENT and urological procedures. All surgeons provide evaluations, consultations and follow-up with their patients. If you need us, we will be here to care for you and your family.
Tri-County Health Care's talented and professional surgical staff is complete with certified registered nurse anesthetists and surgical nurses who are available for surgery 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Before you come in for a surgery, be sure to click here to learn some tips on how to prep for surgery.
Meet our dedicated providers below:
Experienced, dedicated and ready to provide you with the care you need close to home, below is a comprehensive list of procedures performed at Tri-County Health Care each year:
- Laparoscopic (inguinal/incisional/ventral/abdominal)
- Breast biopsy, minimally invasive
- Sentinel lymph node evaluation
- Axillary lymph node dissection
- Thyroid surgery
- Fine-needle aspiration thyroid biopsy
- Lesions/masses with or without skin grafting
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Open cholecystectomy
- Open & laparoscopic liver biopsy
- Evaluation for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Open & laparoscopic nissen fundoplication
- Cesarean section
- Open & laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Open & laparoscopic ovarian procedures
- Open & laparoscopic sterilizations
- Dilation and curettage
- Endometrial ablation procedures
- Bladder slings
- Cystocele enterocele repair
Gastrointestinal & Colorectal Surgery
- Open & laparoscopic gastrointestinal resections
- Repair of perforated gastric ulcers
- Repair of perforated bowel
- Open & laparoscopic colon resections
- Abdominoperineal resections (APR)
- Laparoscopic & open appendectomy
- Ano-rectal procedures
- Fissures and fistulas
- Pilonidal cystectomy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Removal of foreign body of esophagus
- Tonsillectomy & adenoidectomy
- Cauterization of post-op T/A bleeding
- Incision & drainage of peritonsillar abscess
- Pressure equalization (PE) tubes
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG)
- Gastrostomy tubes
- Jejunostomy tubes
- Wound management/debridement
- Minor and major limb amputations (lower extremity)
- Complex laceration repairs
Venous Disease Management
- Varicose vein procedures
- EndoVenous ablation procedures
- Chest tube thoracostomy
Cardiac Pacemaker Insertion & Generator Changes
Surgical procedures are also performed at Tri-County by orthopedists, podiatrists, urologists & ENT specialists.
Visiting Surgical Specialists
Ears, Nose, Throat
Kurtis Waters, M.D.
Riverstone Professional Centre, Baxter
Michelle Atchison, M.D.
Eye Consultants of Fargo, PLLC , Fargo, ND
Greg Smith, M.D.
Fergus Falls Medical Group, Fergus Falls
James Andrews, M.D.
Heartland Orthopedic Specialists, Alexandria
Podiatry Annette Bartel, D.P.M.
Essentia Health, Brainerd
Kevin McCann, D.P.M.
St. Cloud Orthopedics, Sartell
Todd Greatens, M.D.
Internal Medicine and Pulmonology, Brainerd
Anesthesia services at Tri-County Health Care are provided by three certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs), and coverage is provided for all scheduled procedures and a 24-hour on-call basis. Anesthesia care is provided to patients of all ages, from newborns to seniors. Surgical anesthesia services include general, spinal and epidural anesthesia; various regional blocks; and monitored anesthesia care (MAC sedation).
In addition to surgical anesthesia, CRNAs provide:
- Resuscitation care in trauma and cardiac/respiratory codes
- MAC sedation for MRI/CT scans as needed (e.g., in case of claustrophobia)
- MAC sedation/analgesia for selected ER procedures (e.g., in pediatrics and dislocated joints)
- MAC sedation for upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Epidurals/Intrathecals for labor and delivery
- PICC lines
- Consultative services for pain management
- Regional blocks for orthopedic cases
- IV starts
Anesthesia care is provided in a safe and modern environment with state-of-the-art anesthesia machines and monitors. The newer BIS monitor is also available for monitoring the depth of anesthesia to assist in preventing recall under anesthesia. Each CRNA is certified bi-annually by the Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists and maintains certification in adult and pediatric advanced cardiac life support and neonatal resuscitation.
Meet our dedicated staff: